Well it has taken me this long to write a post about our move from Boise because I can finally think about it without bawling! (mostly, depends on the day)We lived in the BEST neighborhood, I had the BEST friends, I loved my house, and I didn't think we would be going anywhere for a while, but things change and life just happens sometimes! Cedar City is fine and all, and I am sure I will love it in time as well, but I will never forget how great our time in Boise was and how lucky I am to have lived there and met the lifelong friends I did :)
I can't even begin to thank everyone enough for all they did for us, from helping me clean my house once we were all packed up, to helping load the TWO moving trucks, to throwing Teag and I a suprise goodbye/birthday party the night before we left!
We still have our house in Boise and are renting it right now, so I can only hope that Teag will get an offer to coach at BSU and we can move back someday :)
My greatest friends!!!
This is just one of my many goodbye parties - you girls are the BEST!
I always loved our GIRLS NIGHTS!!!
and of course I got the chocolate-chip cookie dough cheesecake because it was my b-day :)
This is from the suprise goodbye/birthday party for Teag and I!
Once I stopped crying it was so much fun and SO, SO nice of so many people to come!
The Christensen's brought their grill out front and we had a great little BBQ with great food from everyone!
Teag and I with our cutest and yummiest cake
I love my house - we have so many great memories here!
It will always be special to me because this is where we lived when Dallas was born and where he spent the first 2 years of his life :)
The silly little boys playing while the dad's packed the truck
Luckily Teag's brother Chad and his fiance Meg came up to help with the move, otherwise we wouldn't have had enough drivers!!!
--
And now for the dogs...
this was quite a stress because we can't have pets where we are living in Cedar, so we had to figure out where these two loves would go.
Teag's good friend Pete took Ruby a little while back when she was giving Dallas a hard time, and he happily agreed to take her for good! It was tough to let her go because we got her pretty soon after we got married, but I know she is in good hands and is being completely spoiled!
Ruby LOVES Pete and Pete is SO GOOD to Rubes! He does sales and actually takes her along with him during the day and she just snoozes in the car while he goes into businesses.
Thanks Pete!
My sister Kim and her family have had dogs before and LOVE Golden's so I called her a few weeks before we moved to see if there was ANY chance they would want Cooper. We were SO, SO happy when they said they would LOVE to have him!
They were going to suprise the boys, but then couldn't keep it a secret. They said "boys, you know how Aunt Goat and Uncle Teag are moving?" and Ben chimed in and asked "do we get Dallas?" So cute! I think they were almost as happy to get Cooper though :)
Ben and Isaak are SO good to him and were all prepared with new dog gear when I took Cooper down to them. That first night Isaak took Coop on about 5 walks in just a couple hours.
You guys made it so much easier on us/me! And thanks to Kim for understanding when I broke down saying goodbye to Coop-a-loop. The great part is we can see him whenever we want and we know he is SO loved and well taken care of. Thanks guys!
Benny getting loves from Coop before bed
then it was Isaak's turn

then it was Dallie's turn to give the boys' loves before bed!
2 comments:
I was hoping that you would never post your good bye to Boise with hopes that you would come back. I miss you so much and feel so lost without you here and not quite sure where I fit in now. So as I leave another comment as I am sobing again and still since you moved... I miss you tons and wish you didnt go, but am glad that its been good for your family (i guess lol) Love you!!
Wow! I'm sorry you had to find new homes for you puppies!! It does always help with you know that they are in good hands!! Moving is never easy. Hopefully, you will transition quickly in your new home! :)
Post a Comment