Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Goodbye, RUBY TUESDAY?!?!?!

The Rolling Stones put it quite eloquently...
Goodbye, ruby tuesday
Who could hang a name on you?
When you change with every new day
Still Im gonna miss you...



It's inevitable. Teag is ADAMANT that Rubes is hittin' the door, and I mean for good. Not just the hiatus she had with Pete for a month or two, we're talking FOREVER!
It is so hard...I LOOOOOOVE and adore Ruby so much, but she is just so high maintenance and hasn't received the love and attention she deserves since Dallas came along. Cooper, on the other hand, is so low-maintenance and 'f'ree-spirited' that it isn't an issue with him. Plus, Ruby has snapped at Dallas a couple times now and that is one thing I said I would never put up with.
SO, I think we have found her a new home. April, Teag's friend at work, knows the situation and has come over to meet Ruby a few times. April took her to her fiances house to make sure she was comfortable there and she said it was great! I keep putting off giving up the little bitch because I KNOW I will be sad and I KNOW I am going to miss her! And, today on the plane ride home Dallas was talking about Ruby and Cooper non-stop so I know he would miss her too.
What to do, what to do? My guilt will kill me!!!
Advice welcome!!!

6 comments:

Jake and Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh man, I was dying laughing when you wrote, "I'm going to miss the little bitch!" Hilarious! As far as giving her away, I think that whatever you think is best for her. If you think she will have more attention and a "better life" at a new place, then do it. Otherwise, she'll eventually get used to being #2 on your child list. :) Dallas is getting so big and is adorable as usual!

Kelley Hauck said...

You know what I think=)

Elaine Whiting said...

I'm sure Teag isn't crying at all! I still remember my Mom telling you what a stupid name Ruby was for a dog. Oh! well! Grandma had her ways. I'm sure Ruby will be fine with a new home and then you'll know Dallas is safe.

Meli T said...

Oh, how sad. I remember when you guys first got Ruby and she was such a tiny little thing.

Sarah said...

Oh Rubes! That's a tough one...if you really feel like she'll have a better life with someone else, it's probably time for her to move along. But...SAD! Will Cooper miss his little buddy? The pics of Dallas and Teag are priceless, by the way. miss and love you!