Friday, April 09, 2010

three...

...years ago today was the best day of our lives, because that was the day
DALLAS WAS BORN !!!
I remember it as if it was yesterday. There was a short pregnancy followed by 47 looooooong hours of labor. When he finally got here he took one breath then stopped breathing. They rushed him away before I had any idea what was going on. Not exactly what you expect when you dream about having a baby. For the first 4 days we could only look at him in the NICU and sometimes hold his little hand. He was hooked up to so many wires and machines and was under the little bubble and just looked so helpless. I was lucky enough to be able to hold him for a minute about 8 hours after he was born, but Teag had to wait days. It made us love him even more and realize that we could not and did not want to imagine life without this little love!
-
And now 3 years later we are so grateful for every minute and still feel so incredibly lucky that this boy is ours!
-
We started the day by waking him up and telling him "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" to which he responded, "my birthday - wahoo!". Then we went in and opened a few presents. As he got each present unwrapped he yelled "TA-DA!" then told us over and over, "I LOVE my _______"
The hit is probably a CARS Mater jump/slide/shoot the car out of the cannon toy.
He actually noticed it in the back of my car a few days ago and said "Mommy...that for me for my birthday?!?!" I told him yes, but it was a surprise, so he had to wait for his birthday to get it. He responded "Mommy, I LOVE my prize!". He is always so apprecaitive :)
-
We told Dallas we could go to dinner anywhere he wanted and he chose "the place with fire, sushi and flip the shrimp in dad's mouth" - which means NINJA, a Benihana-like restaurant in Cedar. Then we will go home for cake -CARS, of course- ice cream and more presents. One of his presents from this morning was the Disney movie 'UP' so we will finish off with a little movie night with popcorn and treats.
He told us he wanted the football guys to come over, but I think we will keep it just the 3 of us ;)
-
We love our little buddy SO, SO much and love watching him grow up! (sniff, sniff)
He is so much fun and brings us more happiness than we ever could have imagined!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DALLY BOY!!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

happy 3rd birthday dallas! i didnt' know you guys had such a scare in the beginning with him! & had such a looong labor! he sounds like such a fun boy! him & noah are very similar. from theier body builds to their love of CARS:) noah's 3 next month. argh..so cute, but growing up so fast:)

Julie said...

Oh, I love this age! They're so much fun. Happy Birthday, Dallas!

Francis Family said...

We love you Dallas! Hope you guys had fun celebrating!

Elaine Whiting said...

I'm so glad he had a fun day. When I called and sang happy birthday to him, he said, "Grandma come to my house and pick me up from school." It was so cute.

Amberlynn said...

Happy Birthday Dalli boy!!! We love your cute lil face!!!!!!!!